Sunday, July 12, 2009

Shopping is dangerous

So Friday I got my very first black eye and there is no cool story or anything. Just me being an idiot who wasn't paying attention to where she was going. I was at Burlington Coat Factory and I had just gotten my shopping cart. I start walking down the isle and the cart felt very wobbly and like there was something stuck in the wheels. So I keep walking and lean over to the left to see if there is in fact something stuck in my wheels and there's not but while I was bent over looking my face collides with a metal clothes rack. OUCH!!! Oh wow it hurt! I run to the first mirror I can find and sure enough I see a little red spot in the corner of my eye. I'd popped a blood vessel. I said to my self "Great I just gave myself a black eye by running into a clothes rack." I was pretty embarrassed cause I'm pretty sure somebody saw it happen cause I wasn't exactly quiet when we hit. Luckily it's not as "black" as it could be but here are some photos so you can see. I know it doesn't look too bad but boy it's tender! :)


Katelyn and I were supposed to meet Craig down in the city for dinner and when he found out what happened he didn't think we should go anymore. He thought people would think he's a wife beater :) (he was totally kidding). I was a little embarrassed to go out but we did anyways and we went to the Rainforest Cafe. Katelyn thought it was really fun. We sat right by this huge fish tank and she loved staring those down. Every 20 min. they had a "thunder storm" where all the lights go on and off and the animals go crazy. It was funny. As for the food I would give it a C rating but totally fun environment.

5 comments:

Mostess Mommy said...

ACK! Lindsey, that's a sad (but funny) story about your black eye! Hope it starts looking better!

Sarah S said...

I agree, it is a pretty funny story! And I had forgotten about the Rainforest Cafe - it's such a great place for toddlers. I also think the quality of food could improve, but the atmosphere is so fun for kids!

Dani said...

haha! that's a good story. almost like a "chicken filet" moment :) Wow, I bet that hurt too. Sorry Linds; what naughty words did you say when it happened? :)

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

Just got caught up on your fun life! Your poor eye! I'm so sorry! Time for a little cover up!

Krazy Khania said...

That is a really funny story. I think I have done similar things but they all seem to happen at home luckly!