Saturday, March 24, 2012

False Alarm

Thursday was kind of a crazy day for me.  A friend of mine had invited us over to her house to let the kids play outside in the pool since it was such a beautiful day.  I was really excited cause I knew my kids would have the blast.  Last weekend we happened to buy Kate a new swimsuit but I didn’t have one for Henry.  I knew the one from last year would in no way fit him.  So I got up early to get ready so I could leave the house by 9 to go to the store to get Hank a swimsuit.  I had to leave early cause Kate had dance at 11:30 so I wanted to make sure I had enough time to find one I liked.  So after Kate was done with dance we headed straight up to my friends house and we didn’t leave there until about 5 or 5:30.  Didn’t plan on staying that long but I guess that’s what happens when you get carried away talking.  It was good but frustrating talk.  There were just things I had found out from this friend about stuff going on that related to my calling at church that made me really upset and frustrated.   So because of this crazy day Hank hasn’t had a nap and so I hurry and get him some dinner and put him to bed at 6.  Then I ate dinner and was trying to get Kate to eat some dinner which she refused.  She wanted to eat with her dad.  So I was like fine with me.  My sister Dani then called to tell me the bad news that my brother was coming home from his mission so I was like great.  Then I had to get ready for a meeting that I had at Kate’s pre-school that I didn’t really want to go to at 7:30. 

So I’m upstairs getting ready and I’m pretty frustrated and Craig comes home and comes upstairs gives me a hug and says “How was your day?”  And I snapped back at him “Not good!”   He asked why and I replied that 1-my house is a mess.  I’ve been gone literally all day and I haven’t had time to do the dishes and Kate’s toys and papers are all over the house 2-I found out stuff about my calling that has really made me mad and 3-Dani just called me and told me that Zach’s coming home.  So he was very nice and said “I’m sorry, what has happened with your calling”.  So I continue let him know everything I had found out things that were bothering me that I didn’t know how to fix and with all this I’m am pretty heated.  Swearing and yelling even.  So Craig is being a great listener and letting me vent and he’s feeling bad cause this calling crap has been going on for so long.  Well Kate was in the room with us and she was trying to play with Craig’s phone but it is locked with a password.  So on the blackberry phones when you try to unlock the phone there is also and emergency call button there as well.  I think you can all see where this is going…So I’m ranting and Katelyn comes and gives Craig his phone and says “Here dad.”  Craig looks confused but then answers the phone and starts apologizing to the lady on the other line   He’s saying stuff like oh it’s just my wife, she’s had a bad day, she was just venting to me.  She then confirms our address and then they end the conversation.  We couldn’t believe Kate had just called 911.  Craig then says “I bet they send the police over, that phone call was 2 min. in.”  I’m like great so I tell Craig well then get down stairs and you and Kate pick up all her toys and papers in case they do.  I felt really bad for Katelyn cause she was genuinely scared and upset.  She kept saying to us “Please don’t let them take me to jail.”  I was worried because of the conversation they heard that they would think I was a crazy person, want to search my house or something.  Which made it worse since I hadn’t touched my house all day.  Katelyn then said to Craig “Don’t let them search the house dad.”  I know typing this and you probably reading this are thinking why were we being so irrational.  Oh well.  So  I have to go cause I’m already late for this meeting and when I pull into the parking lot at the school I get a phone call.  It’s Craig and when I answered he said “Hey Linds, here you need to talk to the police officer.”  GREAT!  He gets on the phone “Hi ma'am, this is officer so n’ so with the Lake County Sherriff's Office.  I just wanted to call to make sure that you were alright.”  I told him that yes I was fine and I was just venting to my husband cause I had had a bad day and that I’m really sorry about all this.  He then asked me if I knew how all this happened and I said “Ya, my daughter was playing with my husbands phone but it was locked and she must have pushed the emergency call button.”  He was nice and was like okay and then went back to talking to Kate and he told her “If you are ever scared you can always call the police cause were the nice guys and you can call us anytime.”  Then he left.  Craig said that when the police officer had pulled up he started to walk away from our house and so Craig opened the door and said  “I think you’re here for us.”  haha  I honestly didn’t think that they would send someone over.  So it didn’t look very good that right after this phone call the wife suddenly isn’t home anymore.  Smile 

I am glad though that they cared enough cause I’m sure real domestic violence calls are made a lot with small children involved and they wanted to just be careful so I’m glad they cared enough to come and make sure Kate was okay.  I just can’t believe the timing of it all.  I don’t really vent very often.  I tend to hold stuff in and then every once in awhile have a good venting and get it all out.  This time a 911 dispatcher go listen too.  I wonder if she was thinking “What is wrong with this crazy lady.  She talking nonsense.”

Afterwards when I got home we just laughed a lot about it.  Kate’s defense is “I didn’t know I was calling 911 cause I don’t know how to read cause I’m not in high school yet.”

This is one for the books!  Smile

4 comments:

Dani said...

bahahaha! i love that story. i can just see kate staring at the policeman, "please don't take me to jail!" poor thing.

Halfords said...

That is hilarious. But I would have freaked out too!!

Lorraine said...

sorry you had a bad day, but this is pretty hilarious!

Jill said...

Love that you are blogging again. Sorry it was so stressful for you but that was hilarious!