Saturday, November 29, 2008

Black Friday

We had a crazy day yesterday. Started shopping @ 7:30 a.m. took a break and went home around 2:00 and went back out for round two around 4:00 and didn't get home until 9:00. Katelyn was a trooper. We didn't see as many great deals as we thought we would. It was our first time ever going out on the big day and we must say we were disappointed. We got some good deals at some of the stores we went to, but I guess for how much hype this day gets, we were expecting more. Oh well. At least we know for next year to stay home. The crowds weren't worth it I don't think. A pile of all our purchases from the 13 different stores we hit yesterday.

Here we are on Thanksgiving day at dinner. It was a really relaxed an fun day...and Kate loved the pumpkin pie and whip cream.

7 comments:

Sarah S said...

That's a cute picture of the three of you on Thanksgiving! I'm sorry Black Friday wasn't all it was cracked up to be. I agree that the crowds make it less pleasant...

Dani said...

Holy moly that's a lot of shopping! Were your feet sore after all that? Brandt and I lasted about three hours, that was it. Kate looks so cute in that dress.

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

Hey! Love your blog! I with you on Black Friday! Too much hype and too many people in my way! Saturday is way better. Still get some sales and no one is shopping!

I love the whip cream picture. She is so adorable.

Brock and Kristina said...

Oh Lindsay! You should have totally invited yourself. That would have been so fun. I had no idea you were so close! And Brock and Kelby are boys, so they probably didn't think of it either. It would have been great to see you. Darn. Looks like you guys had plenty of fun though! Katelyn is such a doll!

Sarah said...

I can't believe how big your little girl is getting. It's fun to keep track of you on your blog. Hope all's well.

sjhalford said...

We just got your Christmas card, thank you! It is really cute!

Cari or Mitch Johnson said...

It was good reading you blog again. Your family is so darn cute. Wish you were closer. I guess that's what makes blogging fun - it's an easy way to keep intouch. Love ya!
Cari