Monday, April 19, 2010

Fun Weekend

Had a FUN weekend!  Friday, Craig and I were able to go downtown and have a night away.  My friend offered to take Katelyn so we could get away for a night.  So of course we had to take her up on it.  So after I sent Katelyn off I rode the train down to meet Craig.  We checked in to our hotel and then went and did some shopping before dinner.  We had yummy Japanese dinner at some place for the life of me I don’t remember the name of.  Then later on that night we had tickets to go see Blue Man Group.  It was soooo fun!!!!  I’ve heard people talk about how great it was but I wasn’t expecting it to be so funny.  I don’t remember the last time I laughed so much.  I was mad I brought my camera but left the memory card at home in the computer.  I hate when I do that.  So this is the only picture I got of the night.

craig and lindsay blue man groupblueman 

So it was a really fun night. 

So Saturday morning we had breakfast and then got on the train to head home.  We missed Kate and come to find out she did so good staying over at Karrie’s.  We came and got her and she didn’t want to leave.  They are her second family. :)  Anyways, we finally got her to leave and we went and had lunch at Steak N Shake and went bowling.  It was another good time.

DSCN3688 DSCN3689

Katelyn was cute with the milkshake.  Whenever she would want Craig to take a drink she would say “Go ahead”.  Don’t know where she got that one. :)

  

I couldn’t believe Katelyn would carry her own 8lb ball.  She’s a toughy!  :)

7 comments:

Halfords said...

I love that...go ahead. That's so cute!!

Jenn said...

I think that is SO adorable how Katelyn puts her arm around Craig's shoulder when he starts drinking the shake and then continues to do so for the rest of the time she's drinking. SO CUTE!

Dani said...

Blue Man Group is so good huh? I loved it! That's fun you two got a night out on the town (p.s. you accidentally called me again on Sat. morning) The videos were so cute! That girl is strong! And a pretty decent bowler as well :)

John said...

I love all the fun posts!
Katelyn is such a cutie.
John and I went to the Blue Man Group in Vegas and LOVED it...You're so lucky to live in a place with so many fun options for date night!
I am glad you guys got a night out together!

Anonymous said...

Do I not just have the cutest grandaughter ever? Loved it Linds.

Mom

Sarah S said...

Katelyn IS tough!! Holy cow. That's awesome. I'm glad you guys got a night away and that Katelyn did such a good job while you were gone. Sounds fun!!

Unknown said...

When you asked her "how is the milkshake?" and she said "good" it reminded me of that part on, "Radio" when the waitress asks him what kind of pie he wants, and he says, "both"