Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Academy of Sciences

Monday we had a fun day with an old friend from Chicago who now also lives here in the bay area. Seeing Kelly Lee was so fun and her two kids are adorable. It was so fun catching up with her. Kate and Hank had a lot of fun at the museum. Katelyn's favorite part was probably the rain forest and all the butterflies flying around really close to her. The night before (Sunday night) there was a huge windstorm. It was awful. It ended up taking out our power for 20hrs.(1am-9pm)A tree fell down and took out 2 power lines. I'm glad we were at the museum for part of the day. Anyways, Kate's little kid tent was out on our deck and I forgot all about it being out there. The next morning we realized it was out there and when we checked sure enough it had blown away. Kate was cute-while we were walking into the museum she saw a couple dandelions and made two wishes. 1-that she would have a fun time at the museum and 2-that she could find her tent. I felt so bad cause I was not very positive in thinking we were going to find that tent and Katelyn truly believes that these wishes come true. So on our way home I decided to drive around our neighborhood and see if we could see it anywhere. We drove all over and when I couldn't see it we decided to drive home. As we were about to pull into our driveway, across the street I see the tent! I couldn't believe it. It was so close to our house! It was stuck on a stick in someone's front yard. Kate was so happy and I was so happy for her. She loves that tent!

No comments: