Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Boston

The end of July I got to go out to Boston and spend the weekend with my cousins who are going to school out there. It was so fun. The first day we were there we just toured down town Boston and walked along the freedom trail and saw the main sights.






Saturday we all went to New Port,RI



Craig and I took a tour of Vanderbilt Mansion. It was so worth the $20. It's a gorgeous house.


The Vanderbilt's Mansion was fully staffed all year long yet this was their summer home that they only stayed in for 10 weeks out of the year. It was built in the 1870's and back then it cost $1.5 million. It was CRAZY.



then we walked along the cliff path and saw all the other mansions from the same time period. It was a beautiful view. It was a very fun weekend.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I love the Breakers! Newport, RI is the most beautiful place. I'm so jealous you went!