Thursday, September 17, 2009

More Birthday Surprises

So Monday night was another fun night of surprises. My girls surprised me at my house and took me out to dinner. I took my camera and then forgot to take a picture so this is the only one I have of all us.

Anyways they were so sweet. Craig was sweet too. He came home early from work so that I could go out. It was funny seeing Craig trying to keep it a secret all day. He told me in the morning that he was catching the 6:00 train and he wanted the frozen enchiladas that were in the freezer for dinner. It was way too early in the morning so I didn't really give it a second thought. Then he calls later in the afternoon and asks if I am still on for making the enchiladas for him and then tells me that I can't eat after 4. (what?) Then he calls again about 5ish telling me that he wants dinner at 7:30 and to have the house clean and be ready (ready for what?). Well by this point I'd figured out that someone is coming over here and taking me out. So Craig gets home and he tries to throw me off in all these other directions saying it's us going out and we're getting a babysitter. The enchiladas are for her-blah blah blah. :) Ya whatever. So then I say to him "My girls are coming to get me huh". He tried to keep it going like it was just him and the babysitter that were the surprise. Then on the nose at 7:30 here come in my 3 amigos. I was so happy. We went and ate at Bob Chinn's and I ate some yummy halibut and clam chowder. I think it's the best I've ever had. What a great night. I'm so lucky to have these great friends. And so lucky to have a great husband who comes home early to take care of Kate even though he has mounds and mounds of work to do (which he's making up for the rest of this week). Again, what a great birthday! Loves to you all!

1 comment:

Beckie said...

how fun. what a great b-day surprise. Fun to have such great friends too! : )

Glad you had a great birthday!!!