Friday, September 25, 2009

Oprah

Today I had so much fun going to the Oprah show. It was her Friday live show. Karrie was so sweet to invite me. We had to be there so early so we had to leave my house at 5:45. We got there in no time. I'm glad there was no traffic. We thought we were going to be super early but then when we got to the studio there was already a line started. So after we go through security and check our purses we headed upstairs for the staging area where we had to sit for about an hour and a half. So it was finally time to go down to the studio and when we get there I see a girl seating everybody in front of us up on the back section. When she got to me and Karrie she asked if we could step to the side and she continued to seat the people behind us. I was confused. I was like are you not going to give us a seat? Then when the "head" lady came over to us our girl said "Do you have a seat for them?" So she said "Yes, will you two follow me." She ends up taking us up to the FRONT ROW. Karrie and I sit down and can't believe that we are sitting in the front row. And not just the front but right smack in the middle. Wow it was so awesome! Later a lady comes and sits next to me and she leans over and asks "Are you guys special?" and we were like "No, are you special?" and she said "NO". Then she asked the same thing to the ladies to other side of her. She said I was a standby and I just thought I'd try to get in a this is where they put me. All of us on the front felt pretty lucky to be sitting there cause we were just regular joes. :) It was funny. I honestly got so nervous. I couldn't believe what was happening. The guests today were Mckenzie Phillips who was skyped in and then her sister Chyna was actually there. Jay Leno was skyped in. He was pretty funny. And then the most dreamy of all Harry Connick Jr. was there and he was dreamy. He was really funny too like during the commercial breaks. We got to go home with his new cd which I LOVE LOVE LOVE. What a day. I was so tired when I got home. I can't believe how much fun I had. Here's a picture of me and Karrie outside the studio.

6 comments:

Dani said...

You two look so cute! No wonder they put you on the front row! p.s. we should go shopping when you come - I'm in need of your expertise to get some cute outfits.

Mostess Mommy said...

Yay! It is the most fun ever! You and Karrie look adorable!

Halfords said...

That's so fun! Clint and I sat and watched for you. We saw you quite a few times. Sometime I need to come out and you'll have to take me.

taryn.l said...

i want your shirt.

Sarah S said...

So fun!! And I think going to Oprah is one of the most emotionally draining experiences you can have - it IS exhausting for some reason! I think you got the spot in the front row bc you both looked so cute. Great outfits!

Jenny n' Sam said...

Yes, I agree with Dani, you look adorable and I could use your creative inspiration. Great purse! Great trouser! Great cardigan! I'm so happy you got to go. I have always wanted to go.