Saturday, October 16, 2010

He’s here!

Henry Craig has arrived

October 7, 2010

7:11 am

8lbs. 6oz.

20 3/4 in.

We’ve been home a week now.  I was more nervous for this labor and delivery than I was with Katelyn.  I thought Katelyn’s birth was relatively easy and I was so nervous I’d have some sort of complication.  But it was so good.  Now with the next child I’m going to be nervous that it wont go as well as Henry’s.  :)  haha   My water broke at 3:00 in the morning and 4 hours later here he was.  I got scared there for a little bit though.  My contractions were really close together.  No more than 90 sec to 2 min. apart.  I thought my biggest fear was about to happen.  That the labor would happen too quickly and the anesthesiologist wouldn’t get there in time to give me an epidural.  Luckily he made it and it was smooth sailing from there on out.  Unlike Kate’s delivery where I had to push for an hour I only had to push 3 times before he was out.  Everything turned out great.  He’s healthy and I’m doing great.  The recovery has been really good.

There are so many things about having a newborn that are just the best….

-the way he smells is so yummy

-his cry

-his sneezing

-funny and scrunched faces he makes in his sleep are so cute

-when he cuddles into you

-because right now it’s for such a short time-when he’s awake

-and much more

We love having this new little man around.  He is so precious!

 

 Henry's Birth 007 Henry's Birth 008 Henry's Birth 013 Henry's Birth 020 Henry's Birth 021 Henry's Birth 032 Henry's Birth 048 Henry's Birth 061 Henry's Birth 083 Henry's Birth 086 Henry's Birth 088 Henry's Birth 089

6 comments:

megan said...

Congratulations!! I'm so glad the delivery went so well and that your recovery is good, too. Lindsay, you look great! Welcome, little Henry.

jessica&john.com said...

Ahhh! My heart just skipped a beat. Babies are the best. Thanks for sharing!

Dani said...

Love it! So glad he's here and that you're feeling better. Did you get more of that mustela baby lotion? that stuff smells so good!

RP said...

Congratulations! He's a cutie and you look great after just having a baby! Good luck getting settled into the new routine! Let us know if you need anything!

Lorraine said...

Congratulations!

Kurt and Lacey Kinghorn said...

So fun! He looks like a keeper :) Man I miss little babies, time for another one!