Sunday, October 3, 2010

It happened

I always wondered how long it would take us to make our first trip to the ER for an accident of some sort with Kate.  Well it happened.  I’m surprised it took almost 3 years.  We’ve been lucky with this little monkey.  Tuesday (9-28-10) Kate got her first stitches.  She had just got out of the tub and I wrapped her in her towel like I always do.  As she was walking away she tripped over her towel and fell right on her face.  Of course she started crying so I scooped her up really fast and was holding her.  When she calmed down and pulled away from me I  noticed blood on my shirt.  So I thought her mouth was bleeding so I look inside her mouth and it was bleeding a little bit but not much.  She had stopped crying so I thought all was okay.  5-7 minutes later we’re eating breakfast and Kate turns her head a little bit and I notice blood on her neck.  I was like where did that blood come from?  So I lift up her chin and there’s a big gash under her chin.  I knew she needed stitches but I first took her to per pediatrician to see if I was wrong.  The doctor said no she needs stitches.  So I drive her over to the ER to get her stitched up.  Katelyn was in great spirits.  The cut wasn’t even bothering her the slightest.  She was her normal Katelyn self.  We had to put this gel on the cut to numb it for 30 minutes.  When it was time to stitch her up they had to lay her on the board and strap her down.  She HATED this.  Kate hates to be forced down or confined and in this straight jacket torturing device for children was awful  She couldn’t move a muscle.  I got teary eyed seeing how upset she was and wondering why I wasn’t saving her when she was crying out for me to help her.  Finally it was over and she calmed down as soon as I could hold her.  She was very brave.  It was noon by the time we got out of there so I took her to McDonalds and got her a happy meal and chocolate milkshake.  That made her really happy.  That night Craig came home with some flowers for her and she was so excited they were just for her.  Her BF Jane also got her a get well gift…a little purse with a necklace and earrings and some candy.  She’s so sweet!

IMG_0967 IMG_0983 IMG_0984 IMG_0991

1 comment:

Dani said...

That's so sad; hopefully it doesn't scar too much. That was sweet of Craig to bring her flowers.