Friday, April 18, 2008

I think I'm going crazy

Today I was supposed to go visiting teaching and I totally spaced it. I was so wrapped up with Katelyn and trying to get her down for her morning nap that this appointment didn't even cross my mind until I saw the missed call from my ladies.(so sorry Rachael and Carrie) This is so not like me. Before Kate I used to be so organized and I was on time for everything and I remembered all of those little things. But now I feel like a different person. I feel like I'm lacking on my household duties as well. I can't keep things straight. Did any of you experience this with your first child?

7 comments:

Pearsons said...

I am totally with you Lindsay, I cant believe how much I forget stuff and how hard it is to be a mom. I must have thought that it was going to be like playing house with dolls. I work part time too and I think that staying home is a way harder job that actually going to my job. Being a mom is so hard at times.

mama jo said...

sorry, it just gets worse with each baby..

Halfords said...

I totally know how you feel. The other day I forgot to wash the conditioner out of my hair. You're not alone..

Brock and Kristina said...

Um....hello!!! Remember my mommy memory post? The memory loss does not go away!!! The other day I put Taylee in the bathtub with just her socks on! Good luck...

Beckie said...

YES YES YES YES YES - wait what were we talking about??? hahaahaa. With child number 2 it doesn't get any easier!!! It's called "Momnesia" seriously Keenan brought an article home from the USA Today, to read about it...

Krazy Khania said...

Oh it gets better! It's called sleep deprivation-- no joke look it up. Good thing you have friends who understand;)

My life said...

I do experience that with my first baby boy. He is now almost 16 month old and i'm still late, or i forgot appointments, etc. Good luck and courage. But we love them so much, don't we?!! They are so sweet! I love being a mom even if it's harder than to go to work.
A french mommy!